Friday, April 13, 2012

Essay 1-01a: Letter to host family

 
My name is Naomi. I live in Kumamoto in Japan. I would like to thank you very much for being my host family. I am excited to visit your family as well as your country since this is the first time that I am going overseas.

Let me introduce my family. We are family of 4, my parents, my younger sister and me. Where I live, Kumamoto, has Mt.Aso. Mt.Aso is famous for a very big caldera. In addition, it is the place that is famous for the culture of shrimps and water melon.

I major in English now at a university. The university is very near to my house. The reason why I intended to learn English is related with my hobby. My hobby is reading books. So I am interested in English literature very much. At this university, I can learn about literature. I learn English still now, but I don’t have confidence but I can learn a lot about English everyday and have very fun days. It is hard speaking English and even most difficult to write English for me. However, I think I want to improve my English more. In addition, I think that I should come to be able to read a book in the original smoothly in the future because I like reading. And I want to improve my writing English. In addition, I think that I want to study about culture through this stay because I am interested in culture.

Because I learned Japanese calligraphy, I have a qualification. In addition, I belonged to the tea ceremony and the flower arrangement club at the junior high school. I still have the tools I use for tea ceremony, and have I can meld and drink tea.

I read books carefully, but have read Shakespeare and Bronte sisters, and the books of various writers including Jane Austen until now. I intend to do its best to improve my English during this stay. I’m looking forward meeting you soon.     

Sincerely

Naomi
[339 words]

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Naomi.
    I'm Ayaka.

    I like reading, too.

    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! Naomi.
    I'm Haruka.

    I don't like reading.
    But like reading magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm Rina.
    I like reading a book, too.
    Please tell me your favorite book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I like reading books too! I like SF! If you had any recomemd about SF, please tell me!

    ReplyDelete